Chairperson: Dennis Sallans, Durham Forest Environmental Outdoor Ed. Centre
The Durham Local Environmental Committee shall work under these General Terms of Reference:
1. To advocate for eco-friendly practices and policies;
2. To network with like-minded groups and organizations;
3. To support and recognize green initiatives that are being promoted by our members;
4. To build the capacity and desire of teachers to take action on environmental issues;
5. To follow applicable policies and initiatives set forth from the Durham Local and ETFO Provincial; and
6. To engage in the political aims of the Local.